Friday, April 28, 2017

Giant White Beans with Tomato Sauce in Instant Pot

From one weekend to the next, suddenly all lawns are green. The trees are just cusping with reddish fur, but it won’t be long until they spread their wings and connect with a pea green canopy. My blogging has recently come to a standstill when I had problems with Open Live Writer; it just would not update to the blog and I was getting tired of figuring out for the x-th time. Writing directly to Blogger was not appealing. There was also too much going on at work. Now the end of the school year is near, my house plants are on the deck and summer in Maine can’t be far. 

Last Black Friday, I went in on the deal with the Instant Pot. Over the last month, I’ve use it to make a killer tomato sauce, and it only takes 20 minutes and it tastes like it has been slow-cooking for hours. My current favorite is a combination of a large can of fire roasted tomatoes, a small can of tomato paste, a bay leaf, some fresh rosemary, sautéed onions and garlic, a 1/2 teaspoon of bouillon and a cup of Giant White Beans (I got mine on Amazon, they are imported from Greece). I set it to manual and cook it for 35 minutes, and let it release steam on its own, so it cooks at least a half hour longer. The giant white beans have just the perfect bite with the juicy, garlicky sauce. Definitely a staple recipe.

Giant_Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment